ICAD June - July 2015 Week 05


Day 29 - This week I liked the techniques and tools ideas, but not the daily prompts, so I went with that instead. (Find the info HERE)
Since it has been so hot and sunny here, I decided to go with a beach/ocean/vacation theme. I need no excuses to explore this theme!
Stamping and alcohol inks for this very simple card...





Finished off with a touch of shimmer on the versamark ink on that shell bg stamp.





I think it captures the shimmer on the water in the late afternoon.





Day 30 - The waves breaking on the shore...standing in the water (yummy!) looking out at the ocean. The shell I made as a paper cast taken from a mold made with polymer clay from a decorative button. It worked really well! The blue paper is done with bubble blowing, something I have not done for years! I forgot how much I like the results! The sand is dye inks and water colours.




Look how nice the backing/protective paper looks with all that spray by!




The bulky shell may be a bit awkward in the card box, but I sure like how it looks!





Day 31 -  Basically the same techniques. Just some variations and I'm not sure I like the colour added to those paper casts. It looked nicer in pure white...




Day 32 - The other half of the torn blue watery piece from Day 30. Here I don't like the dark splatters on the sand. I didn't realize (because I did not check!) how dark that brown colour is...until it was too late. Sigh. Still I do like the card as well as the coloured and trimmed out shell casts 





More of that dimension. I did paint some 'shadows' in under those shells too!




Day 33 - Still working on bubbled paper...here only slightly so. With paint drips and splatters and tissue paper stuck on. The fish I cut from postage stamps. I tried to retain the postal marks to identify these as postage stamps. Not sure it is all that clear. After all these images are pretty small.




Day 34 - Playing with the back ground stamp and decided to keep this one really simple. A little bit of enhancing here and there with white and some water soluble pencil. A few splatters and I didn't think it needed anything more. The bg is bubbled with some of the same paint mixture set to run/drip down the card.





Day 35 - Looking at this card, which I had bubbled a couple days earlier, it reminded me of what it looks like when you're surfacing after swimming totally underneath the water (my favourite way to swim) I liked the association so much, that I decided to keep it like that, only enhancing it in a few places. The hardest bit about making this card was to leave it be!





Here is a look at the card stock piece I made for use with cards or other projects. I could stare at it for ages...



Next week has a great selection of prompts/ideas. Looking forward to working on that set of cards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Icad 2016 - Batch 02

Circus ATC