ICAD July 2015 - Week 07

Prompt...typography. I did not care for any other promts/ideas.

Instead I decided to try 'dry wall mud' as a stencil paste instead. I was pretty pleased with the result. It is heavy though, and gritty of course.

Day 43

The stencil is one I cut with a wood burning tool from a plastic file folder. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It is a good thing though that I was not heading for perfection ;-) but if I wanted perfect circles, I would enlist the Silhouette Cameo to help me out! The letters were stenciled on with wax pastels. (don't like the result..) The card is coloured with alcohol spray inks.




Day 44

Still playing with the stencil. This time I had coloured the 'mud' with a paint & ink mixture (left from when I did Week 5's cards.  This time I cut the letters (traced with a stencil0 from paper and stuck them on. It was sooooo nice to have a little rain after all the heat and sun the last weeks!



Day 45

I stamped an alphabet set onto the card and then stenciled with 'mud' through another stencil. Could not decide what else to do, so I sprayed it with ink...and called it done!




Day 46

When I first tried the 'mud' I had stenciled onto a few cards with a circle and square stencil. The rest of the cards use these, combined with craft paints, stamps and lettering.




Day 47

Exploring was really all I did this week. What works, what doesn't what do I like, want not. That sort of exploring, playing, experimenting and trying




Day 48

Got hold of a teeny tiny little eraser and carved the block pattern from it. I bet it's going to prove very useful in the future ;-)




Day 49

Finally...this card was only half stenciled so I finished it off with a bunch of water colours in blotches and curls. Pen scribbles adding just a little detail.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circus ATC

Icad 2016 - Batch 02