ICAD 2015

Index Card a Day for 2015.

This is my first go at the challenge over at Daisy Yellow. I hope to see it through at the same time I have no intention of stressing over it either. Got to keep a balance, right?

My intention is to post weekly, on Sundays seeing as the challenge started on a Monday.

I used inks, chevrons and stamping for this one. This using some of Daisy's prompt challenges. Again I may keep it up or I may just wing it some times. We'll see how it goes.(I do like the idea of a challenge though, just to see what I can do with someone else's ideas ;-) )

Day 1





Day 2 - I used the 'Carnival' idea prompt, but also the 2nd exercise/doodle idea from 'Keys to drawing With Imagination' by Bert Dodson. I've had this book for quite a while and like to spot read in it, but decided to follow the sequential exercises to see how it goes. Not too keen on the card for today, but moving right along.



Day 3 called for a map...I decided to draw one of the property where I grew up. Pretty meaningless to anyone but my family and myself...it was surprisingly enjoyable to do though. Sure brought back memories!




Day 4 - mail box. Well I decided to go for some of the great stuff inside a mail box instead.  Postage stamps is an art form I have great appreciation for...




Day 5 - taxi, which was actually the prompt for day 6, but then again...'whatever' as I'm not following prompts exactly. Which brings me to some sort of comment here : Regardless of whether I follow a prompt on not, I find it almost always interesting to at least explore it. For example I had no intention of making a card with a taxi, yet I did find myself thinking about taxi's and my experiences with taxi's and I actually my end up doing a journal page on that in the future (because the stories are funny)
And the word TAXI, does have X and I in it, which I like purely as design elements. So I included that. They got rather obscured eventually but I can still find them and they are part of the fabric of the card.
The foundation for this card is a piece of tissue (as in Kleenex) that I had used for mopping up paint/ cleaning stamps etc. I stuck this to the card and trimmed the excess off. Then I remembered that 2 years ago we were visiting at the cathedral and I had this tiny picture...and then the card grew out of that. This leads to that to that and to that. And soon enough you add finishing touches and the card is done.


I chose not to crop the picture as it is shown on the sheet of regular typing paper that I have underneath when I work. It catches spray by, excess stamping (and I clean stamps on it/use it for stamp off) and generally saves my work surface from all I throw at it.  This eventually becomes a sheet for writing a letter on, or get more 'dirty' and become a background sheet for a journal or more cards. I rarely throw these away, they are much too interesting.

Day 6 - I just did my own thing here : that stamp with the scissors on started it all. I think a bit of sewing would have been appropriate, but seeing as I'm in the middle of a sewing project, I was not going to change thread and needle for 31/2 inches of stitching. So the stapler had to help out. Hey that has long been a stand in rescue for instant mending!



...and #7 - periodic table. I'm not sure this one is finished, but I'll see about re-visiting it in a few days. The writing refers to my high school science teacher who thought I may have something against him personally as I was a good all round student, but terrible in science (hated physics & chemistry) - I guess he never spoke to the math teacher... ;-) I was happy to assure him it wasn't. He was a good teacher and a nice person....but oh! the subject he taught....



And that's it for the first week. The prompts for next week look really nice, all paints and colours. looking forward to a little play time every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circus ATC

Icad 2016 - Batch 02